Musings of a Wandering Heart

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Delhi's Yamuna ...

I am sure, someone is going to ask me what's the big deal about Delhi's Yamuna? Every one knows Yamuna more as a filthy drain and less as a river cutting across the length of the national capital.
But what many Delhiites are not aware of is the wonderful Yamuna stretch upstream of Wazirabad bridge. Take a look ...

  
Yes, this is Yamuna in Delhi


This wonderful river is very much the Yamuna in Delhi.









And this place is very much accessible.











But the unfortunate part is, neither many people know about this nor they make any effort to know. 

  

I recently went to these and many other places along the Yamuna bank. There were very bad stretches too. But here I want to showcase only the beautiful ones. And the group I was travelling with had wonderful encounters. More about all such adventures in the next blog post.

 

No comments: