Musings of a Wandering Heart

Friday, September 03, 2010

Hypnotic Mayawati

Guess, what did I mean when I chose the title 'Hypnotic Mayawati' for this post? I am sure, the generation NOW is only aware about one Mayawati, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.

But this MAYAWATI is entirely different. It is a place in the Himalayas, in Champawat district of Uttarakhand. Only the regular readers of Ramakrishna - Vivekananda literature will be able to quickly recall the name Mayawati. If you are not one of them, read it now!



The beautifully landscaped garden around the Adwait Ashram adds to the serenity of the place

This is Adwait Ashram, the place where Swami Vivekananda spent few months in 1901 during his wanderings in the Himalayas.

Continued ...

2 comments:

Hidimba Bojhom said...

Oh , I knew only UP Mayawati.Any I'm looking forward to more information about this Mayawati.If you are traveller kind of sorts , I guess you would love to visit Jatinga Festival in Assam.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=150104815028374&ref=ts

NIVEDITA KHANDEKAR said...

Hi sorry for this delayed post ... the next one. Yes, I am a frequent traveller, lemme see when do I get to visit Assam during Jatinga Festival ...