Musings of a Wandering Heart

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Up Close And ...

Now I am sure you are going to think of the conventional phrase after reading the title. But it is very hard to associate 'conventional' with Nivedita. The heading couldn't have been anything else, because, it really reminds me of  something close and ... yes, personal when I see these photos. 



This is one flower, whose name I am not aware of, I have liked nevertheless. This was a cute little flower in a huge garden on a beautiful sea front. It is a garden on reclaimed land in south Mumbai. 

I had gone there in 2005 during one of the last months of my almost five years of stay in the financial capital. And then, there is this such a good cactus garden, rather a cactus enclosure in the middle of that garden.





This close up I like because of the shine on the skin of the plant. This plant has small thorns - which I call as designer thorns - on all three edges of the erect stem, nay it is the leaf. Full, juicy and lot of fibre.  





I associate cactus with lot of things. But one thing, and that is where the 'personal' part comes in, is my linking up of cactus with any person's nature. I link this with a person who looks 'crude' but is actually very beautiful inside. And unfortunately, humans fail to notice that often.


And then there is this third photo I chose because, as like in the above two photos, here too is a close up of something, which is generally looked at from far away, most of the times. This close up is that of the remains of harsingar (parijatak) flower, almost dried up. And there is this very thin cobweb on the dried up portions of the flower.   

Guess, we continue to take a look at things up, close and ...    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. I never knew you were so good in photography. And I was surprised more because some of the pictures were taken in 2005, when you were around in Mumbai. Neither you told us nor did we realise the hidden potential in you. Keep it up.